I will be away for the more than 1 year, how do I renew?

Depending on your plans, CARS will either issue a new Carnet to cover further countries, or it may be possible to extend the Carnet locally with of the countries’ Customs authority and overseas motoring club.

It is advisable to discuss your travel plans with CARS before your departure to ensure you are aware of any restrictions and to enable the Carnet team assist you with the correct advice and to make the necessary notes and arrangements to manage your Carnet requirements. 

Further fees will apply for the extension / renewal. Please be aware the Carnet De Passage is for the use of temporary import of a vehicle and a renewal is not guaranteed.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.